How using Synergy's Outlook add-in can streamline your architecture and engineering project management
Install the Synergy Outlook add-in for each staff member to save and file emails to Synergy project folders.
You can install the Synergy Outlook add-in for AEC projects from the Microsoft Office store directly from Outlook. The Synergy Outlook add-in for AEC projects works with Microsoft Office 365, which supports Outlook 2013 and higher on PC and Mac desktops, and in the web browser view of Outlook (desktop scale).
- Pin the Synergy pane in Outlook to appear alongside your email message to make it easier to use to file the next email.
- De-duplicate emails by keeping the email conversation string stored together in Synergy as a thread.
- Each email reply to a thread is stored as a new version against the original email saved in Synergy.
- Email threads are created based on the email subject lines, ensuring that all replies are kept in the same thread group within that project.
- The email filing location (project folder) is identified automatically when a Synergy project name or number is in the email subject line or email body.
- Email files are named by subject line.
- An indicator is added to each message in Outlook so you know which messages have already been saved to Synergy.
See our pricing plans
How the Synergy Outlook add-in works for AEC project information management:
Install the Synergy Outlook add-in from the Microsoft Office 365 store (access this via a button in Outlook).
Once installed, you get a button in your Outlook control bar — press this to open the Synergy pane on the right-hand-side of your Outlook view. This shows the email subject line, organisation you're connecting to, the project the email will be filed to, the project folder, and the option to include attachments.
Then you simply press a button.
The Synergy Outlook add-in assigns project emails to the correct project based on content in the email, such as project number, project contact name, project address.